Amica Law LLC
77 Robinson Road
#22-01 Robinson 77
Tel: +65 6303 6217
Winnie Tham is a Director of Amica Law LLC, and has been practising in the intellectual property field since 1993.
Winnie is an advocate and solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore and a registered patent attorney (Singapore). She was admitted to the Bar in 1993 winning the Justice Tan Ah Tah Prize for Professional Ethics. She has also attained a Bachelor of Laws (Hons) and is admitted to the Supreme Court of Victoria in Australia.
She has a multi-disciplinary background, encompassing both legal and technical expertise. She has a particular specialisation in life sciences and pharmaceuticals as she holds a Bachelor of Science (Pharmacology & Biochemistry), in addition to her law degree, and regularly advises on patent and regulatory matters. However, her experience in intellectual property spans various industries including pharmaceuticals, technology, retail and fashion, hotels and the food and beverage industry.
She has expertise in intellectual property protection and management and her work encompasses:
- IP strategies protection of new trade marks, inventions and designs
- Searching, filing, prosecution and maintenance of patents, trademarks and designs
- Freedom to operate analysis
- Coordinating global intellectual property filing programs for clients
- IP Portfolio Management services
- IP audits and due diligence
Winnie also handles contentious matters, including trade mark opposition matters, trade mark and patent invalidation and revocation actions. She has also been involved in infringement cases in Singapore in the higher courts, and the Court of Appeal, particularly in the patents arena. Amongst the court cases she has been involved in are:
- A landmark patent infringement cases in the life sciences field involving the HIV-2 virus
- Patent infringement involving emergency lift systems
- Patent revocations in the chemical field
Our depth of knowledge and experience provides the expertise required to protect, manage and commercialise your IP and technology. We also provide legal assistance in general corporate and specialist commercial matters, including joint ventures, sale & purchase, investment, and employment and immigration matters.
“Winnie Tham has a notable practice in Singapore acting on a range of non-contentious IP matters, especially regarding patents as well as trade marks.”