Harvey S. Kauget
USA - Florida
Burr & Forman LLP
One Tampa City Center
201 North Franklin Street
Tampa, FL 33602
Tel: (813) 367-5755
Harvey Kauget’s practice focuses on intellectual property litigation and prosecution.
Harvey serves a wide-range of clients in the areas of patent, trademark and trade secret litigation, patent and trademark prosecution, IP risk management, portfolio licensing, and client counseling.
Harvey’s litigation and patent prosecution background consists of dealing with matters related to technologies such as: semiconductor processing, plasma dicing, welding systems, lighting and LEDs, hot plates, software, computer integration and networking, satellites, solar power, hydrogen fuel cells, biodiesel, gaming, jewelry, gift cards, cups, davit lift, suntan lotions, power tools, paint rollers, flow systems, nuclear control rods, shirt pressers, air filters, hot water systems, fans, contact lenses, blood plasma expander, disposable blood measuring device, urine analysis, teeth whitening, suture anchors, and medical devices.
In addition, he also has experience in a wide-range of other areas including firearms, speakers, waste fuel flare stacks, furniture, exercise equipment, recycling equipment, cement materials, fence posts, and tidal gates.
Mr. Kauget has experience presenting cases before the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit and Eleventh Circuit. He is also a registered patent attorney admitted to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark office. Before Harvey began his legal career, he worked as an engineer and as a product manager in the semiconductor industry as well as a certified high school chemistry and physics teacher.
Honors & Recognitions
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America®️, “Lawyer of the Year,” Trademark Law, Tampa, Florida (2022 & 2023)
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America®️, Information Technology Law since 2008, Litigation – Intellectual Property since 2011, Litigation – Patent since 2011, Patent Law since 2011, Technology Law since 2010, Trademark Law since 2011, Trade Secrets Law since 2021
- Named, Chambers USA, Intellectual Property (2021-2022)
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America®️, “Lawyer of the Year,” Patent Law, Tampa, Florida (2015, 2018, 2019, & 2021)
- Florida Trend, “Legal Elite,” Intellectual Property Rights (2005, 2007-2008, 2010-2016, 2018, 2020-2021)
- Florida Super Lawyers, Intellectual Property (2009, 2011-2021)
Burr & Forman’s intellectual property team assists clients in developing appropriate strategies to identify and protect inventions and technology, and when necessary, helps our clients enforce or defend their rights in those inventions and technology. We represent clients in transactions involving these critical assets and handle litigation related to these areas.
Our attorneys assist clients with all aspects of intellectual property law, including:
- Domain name & internet issues
- Protective agreements
- Service marks
- Social media
- Trade secrets
A Southeast regional firm with 350 attorneys and 19 offices in Alabama, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee, Burr & Forman attorneys draw from a diverse range of resources to help clients achieve their goals and address their complex legal needs.
The firm operates as Burr Forman McNair in North Carolina and South Carolina.