Frank G. Long
Dickinson Wright PLLC
1850 North Central Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85004
Frank G. Long advises clients and represents them in court in matters related to trademarks, trade dress, false advertising, copyright, cybersquatting and trade secrets. His clients include, and have included, Fortune 500 corporations and small businesses, as well as national and international companies, and franchise systems.
Frank assists clients with the development, administration and strategies for the protection of intellectual property rights, especially trademarks. He has a wide range of experience in advising clients in the management of worldwide intellectual property rights, as well as transactions involving merchandising and licensing agreements for intellectual property rights and transfers of patents, trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets and domain names.
Frank is also an experienced litigator in matters involving intellectual property rights. He is, or has been, counsel of record in numerous recent court, administrative and arbitration proceedings involving intellectual property claims. Also, using a network of contacts among trademark attorneys in other countries around the world, Frank has helped clients as an advisor on the legal proceedings to preserve, protect and defend intellectual property rights outside the U.S.
- Rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell, 2001-present
- Selected as a ‘2013 Top Rated Lawyer in Intellectual Property’
- Listed, Super Lawyers magazine, Southwest Super Lawyers, 2007, 2013-2019
- Listed, “Arizona’s Top Lawyers,” AZ Business magazine, 2011
- Named a “Top Attorney in Arizona” by Phoenix Magazine, 2014
- Adjunct Professor, Trademarks and Unfair Competition Law, Arizona State University Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law, 2005-2008, 2013-2016
- Member, International Franchise Association (IFA) Membership Committee, 2010-Present
- Member, International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Non-Traditional Trademarks Committee, 2014-2017
- Roundtable Planning Committee, 2006-2014
- Famous and Well-Known Marks Committee, 2012-2014
- BNEF, Publications Committee, 2004-2005
- Leadership Meeting Committee, 2000-2002
- Public Affairs Committee, 1997-1999
- Board of Directors, Arizona State Parks Foundation, 2004-Present
- Vice President, 2012-2014
- Corporate Secretary, 2004-2011
- District Enrollment Director, Dartmouth College Alumni Club, Phoenix and Northern Arizona, 2000-2017
- Member, State Bar of Arizona
- Chair, Intellectual Property Law Section, 2011-2012
- Vice Chair, Intellectual Property Law Section, 2010-2011
- Secretary, Intellectual Property Law Section, 2009-2010
- Treasurer, Intellectual Property Law Section, 2008-2009
- Executive Committee, Intellectual Property Law Section, 2007-2012
- Executive Committee, Intellectual Property Law Section, 2000-2001
- Member, International Licensing Industry Merchandisers Association, 2000-2002
- Domain-Name Dispute Arbitrator, eResolution, Inc., 2000-2001
- Member, American Bar Association
- Special Committee on Copyrights and Internet, 2000-2001
- Arizona Coordinator, Export Legal Assistance
As a full-service law firm with a team of over 80 attorneys who practice exclusively in the IP field, Dickinson Wright offers strategic counsel to clients concerning all aspects of intellectual property. Because we understand the current trends of the global market, we help both small businesses and international corporations alike understand and leverage their IP rights.
Our team works closely with clients to ensure their ideas and technologies stay secure so they can focus on what they do best—business growth and development. We regularly prosecute patent applications and trademark registrations at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) and the United States International Trade Commission (ITC), while also litigating IP issues across a number of platforms.
Among the intellectual property practice’s areas of expertise are:
- Patents, including: filing and prosecuting patent applications; infringement analysis; license negotiation; enforcement; defense and maintenance of worldwide patent rights; and patentability investigations and opinions.
- Trademarks, including: registration of trademarks and service marks; enforcement, defense and maintenance of trademarks; infringement and enforceability analysis; licensing, registrability investigations and opinions; unfair competitive practices; and false advertising claims.
- Copyright law, including: registration; investigations to determine ownership and registration status; licensing; investigations of public domain books and films.
- IP Litigation, including: patent, trademark and copyright infringement litigation, as well as non-compete, non-solicitation and trade secret litigation; post grant proceedings including inter partes review (IPR); and ITC Section 337 proceedings.
Dickinson Wright is a law firm with more than 475 lawyers practicing in more than 40 practice areas including intellectual property, business & commercial litigation, appellate law, class actions, labor & employment law, employee benefits and executive compensation, bankruptcy & restructuring, corporate/M&A, banking & financial services, immigration law, estate planning & administration, and real estate. The firm has 17 offices across the United States and one in Canada, which allows us to provide a unique, seamless, and cost-efficient cross-continental platform of business services.
“Offers expert advice in all aspects of intellectual property law, acting across patents, trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets and employment relationships. Well versed in handling IP litigation. Clients include global corporations from the technology, retail and automotive industries.“