Camille M. Miller
USA - Pennsylvania
One Liberty Place, 1650 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Tel: (215) 665-7273
Camille is a member of the Pennsylvania and American Bar Associations. She is also a member of the Philadelphia Intellectual Property Law Association, the Intellectual Property Organization, and the Copyright Society of the USA and its Philadelphia Chapter. She is also a member of the National Women’s Association and the Ben Franklin American Inn of Court. Camille is also a member of the International Trademark Association, participating on the Emerging Issues Committee (2014-2015), Trademark Classification Committee (2012-2013), Trademark Trade Dress Committee (2008-2011), Trademark Reporter Committee (2006-2007), and Emerging Issues Subcommittee of the Issues and Policy Committee (2002-2004).
Camille has published numerous articles and has also spoken on IP issues for many legal associations. She has been interviewed by general press and legal outlets including Philadelphia Business Journal, The Legal Intelligencer, Women’s Wall Street, USA Today, The American Lawyer and Business Journal of Portland. Camille has also served as a guest lecturer at Drexel University, Drexel University LeBow College of Business, Rutgers Law School, Temple University Beasley School of Law, University of Miami School of Law, University of Pennsylvania and The Warton School.
- Serving as lead trial counsel for Celgene Corporation against various Internet pharmacies to stop the unauthorized sale of products, all resulting in defendants discontinuing online sales of unauthorized products (2018-2010).
- Serving as lead trial counsel for Beachbody, LLC in defending against trademark infringement against Shaklee (2018) and successfully prosecuting a trademark infringement, unfair competition and counterfeiting case adverse to Walmart and Universal Nutrients (2016).
- Serving as lead trial counsel for Barcade in prosecuting various establishments that are attempting to use the incontestable BARCADE registration, all resulting in defendants discontinuing use of BARCADE (2018-2012).
- Serving as lead trial counsel for Clark Capital Management Group in multiple trademark infringement actions involving NAVIGATOR, all resulting in defendants discontinuing use of NAVIGATOR (2018-2010).
- Serving as lead trial counsel for Aramark Services, Inc. in successfully defending against a TRO filed against its 412 SPIRITS drink kiosks in the Steeler’s Stadium (2017).
- Serving as lead trial counsel for Patriot National Insurance in a trademark cancellation action before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board successfully invalidating the PATRIOT RISK INSURANCE trademark registration (2017).
- Handling trademark portfolios for many clients including Celgene Corporation, Aramark Services, Inc., Utz Snack Foods, Inc., Beachbody, LLC, Endo Pharmaceuticals Inc.,
As the value of intellectual property has multiplied over the last three decades, so have the costs of acquiring and protecting it. Well-managed companies no longer pursue acquisition or litigation without first carefully assessing the long-term viability of the underlying IP. It is our job to help clients make wise investments and direct resources toward those assets most likely to drive sustained growth. In order to provide this type of strategic counsel, the attorneys at Cozen O’Connor develop a deep understanding of each client’s overall business and how IP serves the client’s broader business goals.
Our attorneys couple business acumen with prescient analysis of an ever-shifting legal and technological landscape. The rules governing intellectual property change constantly – and the underlying science and technology change even faster. We are active participants in the IP bar, so we know about legal developments as soon as they happen. And we have the scientific and technical background to handle the most complex IP matters. Cozen O’Connor operates on the cutting edge of law and science to help clients create IP portfolios that will retain value over the long term.
While some law firms have attempted to corner niches in the IP marketplace, Cozen O’Connor believes clients are best served by attorneys who handle a wide range of IP issues, from patent enforcement to post-merger trademark consolidation, and who represent a wide range of clients, including plaintiffs, defendants, buyers, and sellers. Broad experience allows us to see each matter in a larger context and adopt approaches that support the health of an entire portfolio. It also gives us insight into the priorities of partners and adversaries; we have been on both sides, so we can accurately anticipate the actions and reactions of all constituents.
In an industry built on talk, Cozen O’Connor has made its name by doing. We have built our firm one case, one victory at a time. Our attorneys have impeccable academic credentials and are able to combine intellectual rigor with practicality and efficiency. We provide sophisticated, business-minded advice aimed at one simple goal: getting the right result for our clients. No matter how complex, contentious, or critical the undertaking, we persevere until the job is done.
What you’ve built, we can defend. What you envision, we can help construct.
“Department cochair Camille Miller handles a wide array of IP matters, with particular expertise in trademark issues. Her practice involves considerable focus on cross-border clients with substantial trademark portfolios around the world. One source says: “She understands the needs of our business and provides good, practical advice when called upon. She has the ability to analyze complex issues quickly and decisively, which allows us to make informed decisions in real time.”